Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Sabbath

I did lots of reading today.
"Gods purpose is to enable me to see that He can walk on the storms of my life right now. If we have a further goal in mind, we are not paying enough attention to the present time. However, if we realize that moment-by-moment obedience is the goal, then each moment as it comes is precious." -Oswald Chambers

In this quote Chambers talks about God's purpose for me. We should never think that our dreams of success are God's purpose for us, but it might be just the opposite. What we see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the goal itself. God is not working toward a particular finish, His purpose is the process itself. What people call preparation, God sees as the goal itself.

I was reading Job today, and some of it tied right into this beautifully. For a while in Job, God allows Job to become completely "destroyed". Throughout all this Job wonders why God is doing this? Is there a reason? Is there a reason to all this madness? Why me? But he always seems to have a good outlook on the situation.

"Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. For He bruises, but he binds up; He wounds, but His hands make whole."

I read this today, and "Almighty" really stuck out. Who are we to despise anything the ALMIGHTY has to say. He created us, he knows best. All powerful - all mighty - all knowing - beginning and the end - Jesus - Savior - God - THE ALMIGHTY. There is so much power in that word. Wow. Sometimes I get worried about the troubles and challenges of going to Russia. Finances, visas, travel, packing, teaching, and ministry. But in Job....it says later in that same chapter...
"...and you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes. You shall laugh at destruction and famine. And you shall not be afraid of the beasts of the earth...you shall know that your tent is in peace; you shall visit your dwelling and find nothing amiss."

As God prepares and molds me for my trip overseas I pray for him to keep me humble and focused on what God has called me to do.

"I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called." - Ephesians 4:1

Yes, I have almost 5 weeks of training here. Many of you have criticized or questioned what I am doing here. Ephesians 4:12-15 says it well.

"for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head - Christ "

I am here for His Glory. A man said once "I am a slave of Christ by choice." I firmly believe that. I will cast all worries onto him. Give up all my possessions, and become a slave. Becoming a slave means doing stuff that you don't necessarily want to do. But because of my commitment, I have given God full permission to guide my path, because he knows best, and make me do whatever he wants...whether I like it or not. This is a choice that I have made to BE HIS. To be owned by him, and fully taken care of. I put all my trust in him, and only him. A Slave of Christ by Choice....think about it.

As I go through this day, I reflect on the week. The good and the bad and the funny and the serious. In my feeble mind, I might only see an end goal or product. God sees the whole picture and is molding me through this process. He is the ALMIGHTY - Prince of Peace - Our Deliverer - Lamb of God - and my all in all. I give my Lord all the Honor, the Glory, and the Praise. Thanks for reading! God bless.

pete

No comments: